Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What's New

Dr. Zoidberg: I want the tactile pleasure in cutting him here... [points his claw at Fry's neck]... in the gonads.
Fry: [to crowd] Shhhhhh. Nobody correct him.

So a new week, and three new entries on the one day... As expected, my "blog" was well neglected for the last two weeks or so. I'm actually surprised it didn't take two months before I bothered writing anything again. Here's my catch-up from the past two weeks or so.

John had his first CPA exam. He may have passed. He doesn't know. We don't find out until January. I hope he has learnt his lesson and will actually study for future subjects.

On a high note, this does mean we can do things as a family without feeling that guilt that you feel when you know you should be studying but you're not. I spent the whole of my extremely long academic career feeling that feeling, and I don't enjoy feeling it on behalf of other people now as well.

We do intend on visiting Blackbutt soon, now Alex is starting to be interested in animals. He seems to like dogs, but cats still freak him out a little. Which is fine by me.

Alex has started cruising around the furniture like a bandit, and now has a variety of tiny bruises and scratches up his legs to show for it. He tends to get a little ambitious sometimes, which inevitably leads to a hard fall to the bottom, or even worse, a big knock on the head on the floor boards. He has now discovered he can easily stand up in his cot, after somehow wiggling out of his sleeping bag. Quite cute when you go in and he's happily just standing up smiling at you when you walk in the door.



I can't believe he's ten months old already. I'm starting to think about plans for the First Birthday Party. I know the first birthday is a pretty important occasion in the Korean culture, so we probably will make it a slightly bigger deal than we would otherwise. I want to do the Korean traditions, like dressing him up in the hanbuk, and laying out a table of items that Alex chooses from to show his future. I've already picked the cake I'll make. It just sucks that it's at New Years and lots of people won't be able to come. Poor Alex will have to live with that happening for the rest of his youth.

That's about it... It's now 4pm, and Alex has been asleep for four hours. I feel I'll have to wake him now or he'll never sleep tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment